Thursday, September 15, 2022

The art of the follow up

Say you haven't heard back from the interviewer, and they said you could expect to hear from them in a week. What do you do when a week becomes 10 days or more? Remember, interviewers are people, and life happens. You may be imagining all the reasons why you haven't heard back (usually negative, right?) How will you actually know the real reason for the delay unless you follow up?

You'll likely think longer about it than actually write the email:

Dear Ms. Smith,

I'm following up about the XYZ position at ABC Corporation. At the interview, you mentioned I'd hear back either way in about a week. I'm super excited to join your team, and wanted to inquire if you have made a decision.

Thank you,
Jean Trujillo

No comments:

Post a Comment

A month of weekday blogging

Today is the last day of September and I've been blogging here every weekday this month. Bottom line: I enjoy writing and I've got m...