Monday, September 19, 2022

No name, no date, no good

At one of my earliest jobs, I created a sketch and shared it with my supervisor. He studied it and handed it back to me, saying: "No name, no date, no good." He didn't explain further or even give feedback on the sketch itself.

I think his point was if you don't have enough pride in your work to document your name and date, then there was no point in anyone even reviewing your work. The sketch needed to stand on its own, and it couldn't do that since there was no ownership or indication of when it had been created.

This phrase has stuck with me all these years. That's why you'll (almost) always see my name (or initials) and the date on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A month of weekday blogging

Today is the last day of September and I've been blogging here every weekday this month. Bottom line: I enjoy writing and I've got m...