Thursday, September 22, 2022

Knowing the difference

Some things are important to get right the first time, other things are not so critical. How can you determine the difference?

One way is experience (time). I realize that's not super helpful if you are young and you don't have a lot of personal experience. Another way is to ask other people for their advice. Again, I realize that's not super helpful if you don't want to ask a parent, guardian, teacher or other trusted adult. 

A third way is to do a thought experiment where you think a choice through from start to finish. How does that feel? Next try a different choice and think it through. How did that different choice feel? Can you think of another way to do it? As you are trying out these thought experiments, you could also bring curiosity into the mix and ask yourself, Why do I feel this? Why do I think this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A month of weekday blogging

Today is the last day of September and I've been blogging here every weekday this month. Bottom line: I enjoy writing and I've got m...